Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Simple Serenity


Hello Friends!
This is the first time I have ever written a review for any product before. I bought these items at first to support a friend in her growing business. I'm writing the review because quite honestly, I'm blown away. 
I'm not 100% sure how to write a review properly, but I'll do my best, and hopefully do these products justice.

Named after the owner's little girl, the business name is Simple Serenity. Each product offered is hand made,100% natural, and comes in several flavors/ scents to choose from.Their philosophy is, "If you can't eat it, don't put it on your skin." Simple. 
I started out placing a small order for three basic items I use every day.
1. Soap
2. Lotion 
3. Lip Balm

Milky Lavender Oval Bar
Cost: $5.00

Ingredients: Ingredients: Soybean oil, Cottonseed Oil, Lye, Milk, Lavender Blossoms, Oatmeal, Essential and Fragrance Oil.
I used the bar on me by itself. First thing I noticed was the lather. It wasn't too much and the bar didn't get slippery, which I liked. The texture was interesting. It was the slightest bit course because of the oatmeal and had an exfoliating quality to it. It actually got into  my skin and I felt clean after using it. Bonus- I felt like I was giving my skin a massage. That wasn't meant to sound creepy. I know it did though. Oh well. Lastly, the scent was AMAZING. Fresh lavender. Enough said. 

Whipped Body Butter (4 oz.)

Cost: $7.50
Ingredients: Shea butter, coconut oil, Sweet Almond oil and Vitamin E
I used this immediately after my shower. It almost "melts" into your skin. It's nice. I'm currently 5 1/2 months pregnant so my stomach is...growing to put it lightly. I am already getting stretch marks..which itch. (yayyyy!) But I applied the body butter and haven't scratched my stomach once tonight. I have however felt it several times because it's soft and has a nice dewy feeling to it. I may or may not have used more than necessary. It just feels so nice on my skin. Again..creepy. My bad.

Peppermint Lip Balm
Cost: $6.00
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Vitamin E, Essential oils.
I will start off by saying I have used the same lip balm for three years. I don't use anything else, ever. But just for the heck of it I decided to order one to try and if all else failed, let my daughter play with. Well, turns out she won't be playing with it because I now have a new favorite lip balm. I ordered the peppermint flavor. The scent isn't too strong which is nice. It smells like fresh peppermint. If you haven't ever smelled fresh peppermint, go smell some. It's amazing. It goes on smooth and is not gooey or thick. Even my old favorite lip balm was a little too thick. This stuff is amazingly moisturizing and you almost forget your wearing it until you rub your lips together. Because it absorbs right away. A nice thin layer of balm is all you need. It's light, smooth, and smells delicious. 
 Bonus- My daughter loves it too. I bought the tin so she doesn't try to shove the entire thing in her mouth. Win, win, win.




I am very happy with the three items I purchased and will for sure be placing another order very soon. Not just for me but for several women in my family. I encourage anybody who appreciates high quality bath and body products to order from Simple Serenity right HERE.

What started out as a favor to a friend turned into me thanking her for her awesome products I'll use again and again. Check her out on Facebook and be sure to "Like" her page! Now. Do it now!





No comments:

Post a Comment